In February 2011, Hilltop Elementary parents and students adopted a uniform dress code policy. Uniforms are one way to instill pride in our students; pride in themselves, their school and community. Our uniform shows the world the unity we share at Hilltop and that our students are dressed for success.
All students at Hilltop will be required to wear their uniforms Monday through Friday from arrival to dismissal. Only the articles listed below can be worn as the Hilltop uniform. Clothing may not be tight, oversized or revealing. Clothing must be neat in appearance and worn appropriately. Coats are not allowed to be worn in the building during school hours.
Polo shirts, dress shirts, blouses, turtlenecks and mock turtlenecks
- All shirts must be plain without emblems, logos or writing, unless they are Hilltop Shirts
- All shirts must be waist length or longer
- Layering of shirts is allowed in uniform colors
Jackets, Sweaters, Hilltop Sweatshirts, and Hats
- Cardigan sweaters in uniform colors
- Hilltop Sweatshirts
- Plain zip sweatshirts in uniform colors
- Coats/jackets can be any color, but can only be worn outside
- Jackets, hats, gloves and scarves can only be worn when outdoors
- Must be worn at waist, hemmed, and non-form fitting.
- Jean, denim, and sweatpants are not allowed.
- Plain without logos, writing adornments, accessories, straps or decorative stitching.
Skirts, Dresses, Skorts, Jumpers, Shorts
- Length: Must be longer than finger-tip length (arms extended at the sides)
- Must be worn at waist and hemmed.
- Jean or Denim materials are not allowed
- Accessories on clothing are not allowed.
- Shorts/legging may be worn under skirts, but must be in uniform colors or black.
Belts – Solid Color
- Must be worn through belt loops and may not hang down.
- Must be black/brown or uniform colors.
- No flip flops, slippers, or high heel shoes
- Rain boots and Snow boots may be worn during inclement weather.
- Athletic, dress, or knee socks must be solid and in uniform colors or black.
- Girl’s tights or leggings must be solid and in uniform colors or black and must only be worn under skirts, dresses, skorts, jumpers, or shorts.
Our dress code policy was designed to be as easy and inexpensive as possible for parents. As you purchase new school clothing for students, please keep the following information in mind:
- Dress according to the season
- Layer for warmth in uniform colors (ex. white long sleeve tees under polos)
- Buy at least two bottoms & three tops
- Clothing should be well fitting, neat in appearance, and worn correctly
- Purchase a range of sizes, uniforms can be difficult to find in the spring
Administration reserves the right to restrict clothing items or accessories that disrupt teaching and learning.
- If students are not in uniform compliance, students will be required to call home.
- If parent/guardian contact cannot be made, students will be held accountable and required to borrow clothing from the office between 8:40 to 9:00 a.m.
- A uniform notification letter will be sent home with the student.