Calling All Future Kindergarten Students
Enrollment is Open Now for the 2024-25 School Year
If you have a child who will be 5 years old by August 31, it's time to think about kindergarten. The 2024-25 school year is just around the corner, and believe it or not, now is the time to enroll.
Enrollment for the 2024-25 school year is now open. Not sure what school your student will attend? Look up your neighborhood school using our Find Your School tool.
Starting kindergarten is a big deal for kids and their families. It's not just about learning ABCs and 123s; it's about making new friends, discovering new things, and taking a step into a new school community. By enrolling your child now, you learn about free events and programs designed to make the transition smooth and exciting. Enrolling early helps your school determine the right number of teachers to serve incoming students and connects your family to the school community early.
“When students enter our schools for the first time, we want that experience to be full of joy and excitement,” says PreK and Elementary Success Director Tanisha Brandon-Felder. "We're here to open up a world where learning is fun. We can't wait to welcome your family.”
How To Enroll Your Child for Kindergarten
- Go Online: Visit highlineschools.org/kindergarten to begin the enrollment process.
- What You'll Need:
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Address: This could be a rental agreement, purchase agreement, or a recent utility bill.
- Immunization Records: Learn how to access your family's immunization information on the Washington State Department of Health website.
- Uploading Documents: You can scan or take a photo of these documents and upload them directly to the enrollment form on the website.
- Missing Documents? You can still complete the enrollment process online. When you obtain the documents, email them to your school to finalize your child's enrollment application.
Educational Choices - Free and Accessible Learning
From traditional neighborhood schools with innovative dual-language programming to online learning options, these unique programs are available to all students. They're designed to meet students’ needs and capitalize on their strengths.
Students can learn in more than one language, beginning in kindergarten. Dual language is open to all incoming kindergarten students. Statistically, students in dual language programs perform better academically and have access to more job opportunities than those who speak only one language. Explore how you can access Spanish and Vietnamese dual language programs and more benefits at highlineschools.org/duallanguage.
The Virtual Program at Seahurst
The Virtual Program at Seahurst offers an online learning experience for children from kindergarten through 5th grade. Our virtual program combines the flexibility and convenience of online learning with a robust curriculum, the support of experienced teachers, and the ability to opt-in to in-person support and experiences. The application window is open through February 21. It will reopen later this spring for those who missed the first open window.
- Contact your school for questions on enrollment and kindergarten sign-ups.
- Visit highlineschools.org/kenrollment.
- Go in person to the Family Center at Central Office at 15675 Ambaum Blvd SW, Burien or call 206-631-3003 for general questions